7.19.2010

AROUND THE HOOD


Hjaltalin, a wonderful Icelandic band that visited the cafe here on a tour before they head out for their European tour. I bought their cd, Terminal...good mix of pop, folk, rock, etc.


After midnight

I think this one may win in my book for favorite house. Love that contrast of black and white.

I like to hike the cliffs behind these houses. On the other side is the sea. There is soft mossy grass on the top that I lay in and listen to the waves and the birds.

They encourage skateboarding here! Awesome!

The church seems to be the one building with the most extravagant architecture in each town in Iceland. Just about everyone is Lutheran, but there are a handful of Catholic churches (about 2% of the population) in Reykjavik and Akureyri. The purple house to the right is where one goes to get their hair did.



I want that truck!

This is the community center

Folks tend to like straight lines of tall hedges, shrubs, and flowers in their yards.






My home