7.08.2010

PALM READING AT ARNES SAFN/1ST WORK OF ART

My first completed work...a 4" x 9.75" painting on paper. I began by painting an Icelandic landscape I shot in watercolor and then superimposed imagery shot in Reykjavik with ink, oil pastel, gouache, and watercolor pencil. I attached the inspiration images to show the process:






Today I visited the oldest house in Skagastrond, Arnes safn. In 2008, the town restored the house as it would have looked circa the 1920's. You can get your palm read by a fortune teller there. It was fun and the most thorough palm reading I've had. This is my 4th reading and certain things have always resurfaced. I won't divulge all of it, but she pretty much pegged me. She told me that though I like to try new things, I have always known since I was a child my path in life. I will have a long and healthy life, and will still be working in my career when I am old. Because my index and ring finger are of equal length, I have balance and don't allow myself to do completely stupid things or not think things through first even though I am adventurous. I have a sister line to the left of my life line, which means someone or thing watches over me through life and this is why I come through trials better than others. Interesting stuff. : )

Arnes safn